Ready to become an effective altruist?
Join us in Vienna! We are looking for the next generation of effective altruists!
Our mission is to create a global community of people who have made helping others a core part of their lives, and who use evidence and scientific reasoning to figure out how to do so as effectively as possible. We are part of the Global Effective Altruism movement.
- committed to working with peers to improve our community and create impact.
- ready to take responsibility for an area you are excited about and apply your talent in an impactful way (e.g. marketing, social media, events, community building, research, cooperation, …).
- interested in developing your leadership potential,
- willing to support fellow effective altruists in their personal and professional development, and ready to engage in the community.
What you can expect
Becoming a member of the Effective Altruism Community by joining our local group in Vienna provides you the opportunity to:
- Belong to a diverse network of (young) people who collaborate to shape a better future.
- Further develop leadership skills and capabilities through custom programs, workshops, informal gatherings or mentorship.
- Gain in-depth exposure to thought-leadership and knowledge on how to do the most good on a global scale.
- Initiate and contribute to local, regional and global initiatives towards improving the state of the world.
- Organise and attend regional gatherings of the Effective Altruism Community.
- Participate on our yearly kick-off event on October 19th and 20th to get to know other fellow effective altruists in Vienna better and plan the year ahead.
What you commit to
Being selected to join our local group implies certain commitments. In this context, by becoming a member you agree to:
- Endorse the mission and objectives of the effective altruism movement.
- Actively engage by taking the responsibility for an area of interest (e.g. marketing, social media, events, community building, cooperation, research, ..) and driving this topic.
- Regularly engage in the local groups physical and virtual activities throughout the year.
- Attend at least 50 % of our monthly hub meetings.
Submit your application in German or English by sending us your CV and a one-sentence answer to the following question until October 13th, 2019 23:59 CEST:
- How would you contribute to our local group?
We will announce the short list on October 15th, 2019 and invite the shortlisted applicants for a personal interview between October 23rd and 27th, 2019 in Vienna. You will find out about the result of the applications on October 29th, 2019.